It’s no lie that most of us spend far too much time on social media than we’d like to admit!
Rather than telling you to just spend less time on Facebook, Instagram and whatever else you use (I admit, I couldn’t do it easily either!), I’m going to tell you how to use these hours you “waste” in a more productive and inspiring way.
We personalize our bedrooms, knowing that we spend a lot of time there, so why not personalize our social media channels too!
Positivity on Facebook…
- Unfollow negative people: there are some people on Facebook constantly complaining about things and each time you scroll past one of their posts you probably think “nobody cares”, their mood then affects you, even if only for a second. To avoid this simply go onto their profile and there will be a little box saying “Following”, press that button and you have unfollowed them. Now their negativity will no longer appear in your news feed. Do this with as many people as you want!
- Like positive pages: if you’re like me and love quotes, there are some great quote pages on Facebook, go and like a bunch and you will soon see your news feed become more positive! My all time favourite one is Positive Outlooks.
- Don’t try to start social media fights: there are such a waste of time, if you don’t like what someone has to say, unfollow or unfriend them. If it is directed at you, block them. Just because they are seeking attention in a negative way it does not mean you have to become involved.
- Block creepy people: if there are people that continuously annoy you on Facebook, block them. Guys who are always trying to talk to you, just seeing what you’re up to etc. These people put you in an annoyed and frustrated mood, so do yourself a favour, stop letting them put you in these moods and stop them from being able to contact you.
- Post positive things: generally if you only put up positive things, you won’t receive negative responses. You may even encourage your close friends to become more positive on social media too!
Positivity on Instagram…
- Don’t follow people who you don’t actually care about: if you always see someone’s posts, you never like them and just scroll past them, simply unfollow them. That two seconds you use to scroll past them, could of been used to look at something inspiring!
- Unfollow negative people: same as on Facebook, if they post negative things or things you don’t like, get rid of them. Some of my pet hates are people doing drugs, constantly complaining they’re fat or whining about not having a boyfriend.
- Follow inspiring people: people that you look up to whether they are celebrities, fitness models or even people you know. If they are doing something great with their lives, follow them. Hopefully they will inspire you to go out and do great things with your life!
- Follow educational accounts: I love to follow fitness accounts and learn about new exercises, there’s so many accounts out there for every single thing you could imagine, so whatever it is that you want to learn more about, search for it.
- Follow pages that make you smile: for me these are puppy pages! Travel accounts are great too, and quote pages!
I have included a list below of my all time favourite Instagram accounts with a description of each, so if you’re looking to add some vibrancy, positivity and a bit of cuteness to your Instagram feed, give some of these a follow!
Random pages (but definitely two of my absolute favourite accounts!)
- mermaidsofhawaii: a company in Hawaii that turns people into mermaids for photoshoots.
- _bahamasgirl_: an underwater model in the Bahamas who swims with all kinds of sea creatures.
For health and fitness:
- lovehealthfitness: A gorgeous girl that posts clean and super pretty photos of food!
- motivationwall: quotes, health and fitness motivation.
- emilyskyefit: an Australia fitness model that promotes positive body image.
- buttguide: great leg and booty workouts! :D
- womenshealthaus: quotes, fitness and posts that will make you giggle.
- 6packguide: new ab exercises to strengthen you.
- gym_videos; loads of videos with new exercises for you to try!
For cute dogs:
- barkleythepom: A hilarious pomeranian puppy that gets dressed up and goes on adventures.
- themightyrufus: an english bulldog that belongs to my friend. He isn’t cute at all but he will make you laugh!
- spartacuspup: an adorable puppy family.
For extraordinary and inspiring people:
- laurasykora: a yogi, but even if you’re not into yoga, follow her. She posts the most gorgeous photos, especially when her kids get in them!
- lyzabethlopez: a beautiful woman who inspires hundreds of thousands of people.
- devinbrugman: a girl who is always in a bikini and always on vacation somewhere amazing.
- ashaburnley: a very positive female role model who is always thankful and happy.
- melissaambrosini: an amazing female blogger who radiates self-love and encourages others to do the same.
- the_be_life: a girl whose heart just bursts with positivity and happiness, she posts amazing videos.
Subscribe to my blog if you want more posts like this!
You can also find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/funiswhatyoumakeit
And on Instagram: @kkkirstin
Sending lots of love and positive vibes to you all,