Many of us spend so much time unhappy when there are small changes we can make to change this unhappiness. I have put together a list of 8 things all of us should immediately STOP doing below. Most of these things I have stopped in my life and I can definitely see results. I encourage you to find the strength to stop doing these things too.
- Stop drinking a ridiculous amount every weekend – you and your close circle of friends may think partying every weekend is super cool but wasting so much of your money and time definitely is not cool.
- Stop pretending exercise isn’t important – don’t keep saying you will get on track with your fitness in a few years because you can do it today, you can do it right now. Physical activity is so important and it will better so many aspects of your life, so go out and get moving!
- Stop putting others down – you’re not in high school anymore so judging other people for how they look, what they’re wearing, what they believe in etc. is not cool.
- Stop putting yourself down – negative self talk whether you are alone or in front of others will not add any happiness to your life. Learn how to block those thoughts out. Think and speak more positively about yourself.
- Stop opting for cheaper and unhealthier food options – You need to nourish and cherish your body and not fill it with unhealthy and low nutrient food. Love your body and your body will love you back.
- Stop comparing yourself to other people – in case you haven’t realized it yet, wishing you were someone else won’t actually make you become that person. Just focus on your own life and what you can do to improve upon yourself.
- Stop being involved with people who don’t care about you – if you feel like someone don’t give a shit about you, stop giving them your time and energy. It can be put to much better use.
- Stop putting things off – whether it’s studying, that GP or dental check up, or even calling your parents… go and do it!
Now that you know what you need to stop doing, here are 8 things you need to start doing. All of these things will add happiness to your life.
- Start giving compliments
- Start lending a hand, even when people don’t ask
- Start calling your parents more
- Start setting goals and planning for your future
- Start making time for your closest friends
- Start believing in yourself
- Start saving money
- Start loving yourself
The last one I believe is the most important thing I have written in this entire post! Once you have found a place of self-love, your life will forever be changed. All of the decisions you make will come from a loving place and you will be able to find happiness much, much easier.
So go on, love yourself and change your life!
Lots and lots of love,