The gorgeous Sophie!!
I was so blessed to meet one of the most beautiful people last year! I don’t actually remember how our paths crossed, but I am so glad they did! You know how sometimes you meet people and you just feel like you instantly get each other? That’s how I felt about her!
Quickly I discovered she had a blog: www.timetobefabulous.com and a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Time-To-Be-Fabulous/168271663297562
Show her some love and like her Facebook page if you want some lovely things to appear in your news feed. She isn’t currently posting on her blog, however she has some really lovely things on there which you should check out and if you follow her, you’ll be the first to know when she does start posting again!
She has such a magical way with words and says the loveliest things! I remember when I first read her blog, I think I read about 10 posts without even stopping to do anything! She is captivating and oh, so real! She tells it how it is and all of her posts are honest, heartfelt and sometimes even raw.
She is a university student like me with big dreams and a wonderful imagination! We both have extravagant plans for the future and I hope we will work together on some projects!
She has admitted to me that she has been in a little bit of a rut lately and unable to write when it used to come so naturally to her. She inspired me to start this blog so I hope to inspire her to get hers back up and running so that she can keep adding more positivity and fabulousness into the world!
Sophie and I with one of Sophie’s role models – Gala Darling!
She is a breath of fresh air, a down to earth person and a wonderful friend to have. I am so glad I met Sophie because she really has made such a huge impact on my life.
A while ago (when I needed some new sayings and quotes for my bedroom walls) I copied down a number of things she had written on her blog. I thought I would share some of her advice and wisdom with you all so that you can understand just how amazing this girl is!
- The answers to our questions are always out there, sometimes you just need to take a different route to find them!
- I refuse to let myself take the easier path. I refuse to struggle through life feeling unhappy and miserable. I accept that there will be times when I am lonely and times when I am inconsolable and sad. Those moments are mine; I own them and deserve them. But I will not let these moments consume me. I will get back on that horse as many times as I have to because this is my life and I deserve to be living it.
- Forget everyone else. None of it matters. What matters is you.
- How wonderful it is to be so silly every once in a while. How incredible it is to let go and just have some fun.
- The world is a rough place and life is often hard but that is an even better reason to be more gentle.
- Don’t let your dreams be dreams.
- Stand up and take responsibility of your own life. It may hurt to begin with. It may even be shocking to look at yourself so clearly that you see every flaw and every mistake you have ever made. But ignorance is not bliss. You make your bed and you lay in it. You can either chose to ignore the messy bed you have made or get the fuck out of bed and fix it. Your choice.
- Challenges are great. They help us to improve and improvement is important for self-happiness.
- Perhaps sweaty, dirty nightclubs really aren’t the best place to meet boys? They should teach that in schools!
- Reward yourselves for giving life all that you have got.
- So whatever it is that you are afraid of? Acknowledge it. Say hello. Play around with it. Fear might make us vulnerable but it also makes us human. Feel whatever you feel. Let emotion pass through you; let life take its course. Whatever happens, we are all going to be okay!
- Don’t stop looking until you find happiness. Happiness that doesn’t come in the form of another person. But happiness that comes from self-satisfaction.
- Let your colour shine!
- Happy people glow.
- Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.
- Don’t let small people try and bring you down. The best thing is to let it be, let them say whatever they have to say and one day in the future when you are all you could ever have imagined, that is your payback. That is the best revenge.
- The ability to recognise the good in your life is so important and should become a daily routine.
Isn’t she just so amazing!?
Sophie, you inspire me every single day and I know you will achieve amazing things in the future. I hope I can inspire you to get writing again because you have a wonderful outlook on life and I feel it needs to be out there in the world to inspire others!
So much love for you, my fellow blogger, writer and life enthusiast!!